Premium Rule Overview
Premium refers to the additional payment that is not part of regular base compensation that an employee receives for working less desirable shifts, times or dates; working in hazardous or stressful conditions; possessing special skills, tickets, or additional pay such as Holiday Pay.
In WorkSight Flow’s Premium Rules table, each rule can be configured so that it applies to all employees or only to specific employee groups based on qualifiers such as their shift details, occupation, pay code, or a user defined variable, like skill or certification. Rules can be configured to be calculated for every hour the employee works, as a ratio of the hours worked, only between certain times, or as a standard set amount.
These articles will guide you through setting up basic configuration for the most common types of premium payments.
Premium Rule Articles
- Shift Differential Premium
- For working a certain shift type
- For working specific time ranges
- Skill Premium
- Holiday Premium
- For help with more advanced premium rule configuration, please see our article on Business Rules – Timecard or reach out to our product support team with your exact premium specifications.
- Business Rules Expressions and Operators