The audit log display changes made to data in WorkSight FLOW. Audit logs are saved for for 30 days.
Audit logs are captured for:
- Timecard/Shift Details
- Timecard Status
- Time Off
For each entry in the audit log, the following information is included:
- Created Date
- Created by
- Effective (date)
The grid columns are variable based on the type being displayed, in this case, Roles. Original data is displayed in red, with a strikethrough, and the new entry is displayed in green.
To view the Audit Logs
- From the User Menu:
When Audit Logs are accessed from the User Menu, all entity audits are listed by default. The user can filter for a specific type of log, including: Employee; Timecard Status; Timecard; Time Off; User, and Role.
- Audit logs for each of the above types as well as for Shift Details, can be accessed from the More Option menu in each object. (see details below)
Viewing the Audit Log in User Menu
From the Audit Log page in User Menu, you can view the audit log as a whole, sort the log by time, type created by or operation, as well as filter the list.
Accessing the Audit Logs from the User Menu
In the upper-right corner of WorkSight FLOW:
- Click the profile photo/avatar to display the User Menu
- Click "View Audit Logs"
The Audit Log dialog opens.
The Navigation Pane on the left hand side lists all changes made in the tracked objects, in reverse order with the latest change listed first, by default. Additional audit row access is available at the bottom of the pane, allowing the user to display 15, 25, 50 or 100 rows per page, and to navigate between pages.
If more information than is displayed in the grid is available for the changes made, the information will be shown below the grid. In the example shown, Role permissions are displayed, showing what has been changed, removed or added.
To Filter Audit Log Entries
- To narrow the choice of Audit Log Entries you wish to view, click on the filter icon:
The Filter dialog is split into Audit Log Filters and Data Filters. Data Filters allow you to search for audit log entries for a specific Employee.
- In Audit Log Filters,
- Select the type:
Types of Audit Logs which can be accessed from the User Menu include: Employee; Timecard Status, Timecard; Time Off; User, Role.
- Choose the Operation you wish to review:
Operations include: Added, Deleted, Archived, Unarchived and Modified
- In Created By, you can choose the user who modified the object(s) from a list of all FLOW users
- Use the calendar icons to filter on Created Date Start/Created Date End and/or the Effective Date Start/Effective Date End to narrow the date range of changes made
- In Data Filters, if applicable, select the Employee you want to review transactions for
- When all filters have been chosen, click Apply.
The list of changes made within the filter criteria appear in the left hand column.
- Choose a change in the left hand list to view the details.
e.g., modification of a Role
- Select the type:
Accessing 'Type' Audit Logs
'Type' Audit logs are available by clicking on View (object) Audit Logs in the more options menu for the objects as listed below. Filtering and sorting are as described above.
- Employee: shows changes made to Employee profile
- Daily Timecard:
- Timecard Audit log - shows changes made to a timecard, including all changes generated when rules are run, and data is deleted/added by timecard rules
- Timecard Status Audit Log - tracks whether the timecards for an employee on a specific earned date have had the status of the timecards changed (like none, or approved, etc.) and are part of a batch or have been exported in a batch
- Time Off: shows changes made to Time off Requests, including approvals
- User: shows changes made to the User Profile selected
- Role: shows permissions changes made to the Role Selected
- Shift Details: shows any changes made in the Shift Details pane, including shift changes reflected in the saving/recalculation of the timecard